Friday, April 4, 2014

Remembering Rex

Today is a sad day for Finch Creek Farm. Rex, a Belgian gelding, had to be euthanized last night.  
  
I could go into great detail about how Rex was truly a once in a lifetime horse.  How he'd been rescued as a lone survivor in a field of dead horses; he'd come to Finch Creek Farm; and how I'd been brought to the farm to train him. I could mention that Rex was a horse with a personality that you couldn't ignore - a cocky athlete, a goofy goober, a ham, and a charismatic grand gentleman rolled into a horse who thought he should be a lap-dog. I could mention his versatility as a riding horse, lesson horse, driving horse, farm work horse, and a logging horse. Those are all just unimportant details and filler.  The real story is how that horse could fly. I can't begin to describe how awesome this plain looking fellow really was, but I can give you an idea of what it was to watch him go:

http://youtu.be/a438igCUztM

http://youtu.be/rnDnjAfk-6U

http://youtu.be/L5tKfYvbgjo

Anyone who saw him drive knows he had his wings long ago because that boy could fly! I guess he's traded up for even better wings because now, I know he has angel wings.

Good-bye ya big goober. You will be sorely missed and never forgotten. Fly with the wings of an angel - you earned them.

Chris
P.S.  Don't give God a slurpy with your mouth full - it's not attractive even if it is funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest and comment! Please visit again or subscribe to follow this blog.